Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hello There!

This is my official entrance into the world of blogging! Most of my “readers” (feels so cool to type that!) will already know me, but on the off chance there’s someone out there reading who doesn’t know me personally, allow me to introduce myself. I am a 27 year old stay at home mama of two sweet and busy boys - our little 19 month old who I will refer to as “E”, and our 3 –almost- 4 year- old who will be “J”. I am married to my high school sweetheart for six years, with a background in elementary education, currently using it on my kids. I am unapologetically a Christ follower, which makes me a conservative republican (gasp!) and yes I do have some strong views and beliefs, grounded on the Bible. Some adjectives that could describe me: perfectionist, book nerd, passionate, loving, impatient, hard worker, mama, short tempered, giving, wife, daughter, daughter in love, sister. When I look at all those things, seems like they can’t possibly be the same person. Oh but they are!  We are all a very interesting mix of so many things- our upbringing, our genes, our environment, and our beliefs among other things. Thank the Lord He continues to sanctify me and change me to be better all the time!

So it brings me to the topic of this blog. Like some of my Facebook friends would know, I have gone back and forth about starting a blog for a long time. Being an insecure female at times, I kept telling myself that there are so many mommy blogs out there, better known, better written, more humorous, etc, etc. So who would want to read mine? But I kept feeling a tugging at my heart to do it. And I always liked writing in school and really love reading, especially other blogs. I think they connect us somehow, especially us stay at homers who need to connect with another human who isn’t asking you to come “do some wiping action” from the bathroom.

 Some sweet friends and family encouraged me to start to write and I decided to go for it! After all, everyone has a story. And everyone’s story is different and can touch people in different ways. See, I know that as a stay at home mama really funny and crazy and sweet and frustrating things happen every day. And I always have the urge to share. Share the joy, share the exhaustion, share the laughs, share lives! Because after all isn’t that what life and relationships are for? Sharing it with each other? So I hope you take this motherhood journey with me and that you enjoy it. And keep in touch with me and let me know what you think!

Oh and for those of you who are just DYING to know why we chose the title of the blog, “Swordfights and Cheerios”: Sword fights because our child adores sword fighting. And shooting. And just plain fighting. His favorite characters are always the villains. Captain Hook, Zurg, heck even Al  from Al’s Toy Barn can be subject matter for our boy’s make believe games. For those of you who aren’t familiar with all things Disney, Al is a character from Toy Story 2. See, while all your precious little girls are fawning over Elsa and Anna and trying to be like them, dress like them, sing like them, my child is trying to hunt them down to capture and harm them. No joke here.  I’ve been wondering if I should be worried about this. Is my child going to grow up to be a psychotic murderer?? Is he never going to have friends because he scares them all off with his pirate talk, his incessant bang bang noises, and his roaring?? Will he grow up to be a sweet, humble, man of God in spite of the scariness that is being a 3 year old little boy? Lord I pray so. At least we know he has a great sense of imagination right? So anyway, there’s the sword fighting piece. And oh the cheerios. Every morning. It’s a requirement of the morning routine that he get his “cereal, milk, and juice”. It’s amazing where you will find these cheerios. In our bed, under our bed, smashed in the carpet, scattered all over the house. I think it’s a game for little E to find lost ones and eat them no matter how old and gross they are. And so, these two seemingly random things go together to showcase just a little of our parenting lives.
Blessings,

Lynsey

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I've been waiting!! Can't wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete